There is a secret power in this world. It controls everything we do without our knowledge. It can affect our bodies, change our future, and even modify our DNA. No, I’m not talking about Bilderburgers, banks, Reptilians or three letter agencies.
But in the course of our earthly incarnations, we also pick up negative beliefs. These stay in the unconscious, and continue to make problems for us from there. For example, someone who wants to escape poverty, but has a deeper, older belief that money is bad, will feel constantly blocked by an invisible wall.
1. SPOT THE NEGATIVE BELIEF AND CHANGE IT
The good news is, once we find out what beliefs are holding us back, we can change them.
A quick way to discover what you really believe about yourself is to look at your life as if it was somebody else’s. Then ask ‘what basic beliefs does this life reflect?’
Once you’ve spotted them, it’s easy to re-think limiting beliefs. You can make a list of all the reasons against it, and what you now think instead.
Then make a simple affirmation that sums up the positive belief. Write it down in big bright letters and stick it up where you’ll see it often. Repeat it to yourself as often as possible – for example ‘I live in a safe, benign and abundant universe.’
2. HAVE A CHAT WITH THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM
Limiting beliefs often come from our past life selves. Religious past lives may continue deep within us in the form of an inner monk or nun, for example. Their strong convictions can continue to affect us. Until we re-think the whole issue, ancient vows of poverty and chastity may be stopping us from enjoying a life of abundance and love.
Having a good chat with these aspects of your greater self can make a big difference to your life now. Imagine them sitting in a chair in front of you. In a friendly, gentle way, explain why you want to discuss a few things with them. Put your case, and also hear them out.
It may take one or two sessions to convince them. But it’s worth doing, because once they’re on your side, their commitment will help you as powerfully as it once hindered you.
It’s said that a picture is worth a thousand words. That’s because the unconscious responds very strongly to images. You can use that power to change your life in four key ways:
- Create a positive image to go with an affirmation. It will work five times more powerfully if you hold that image in your mind while repeating the affirmation.
- Draw a simple picture of what you want. Keep the picture straightforward and child-like. Use bright primary colours. Then put it where you’ll see it often.
- Use your imagination to create a detailed picture of the lifestyle or outcome that you want. Now see yourself in that picture, moving around and doing all the things you’d like to do in that place. Adding movement to an image activates it even more strongly.
- Use symbolic images to deal with anything that’s troubling you. Ask your deeper self to show you a symbolic picture of a problem. Then you can work with that symbol. For example, if it’s an overflowing rubbish bin, see yourself emptying it, and hosing it down with a powerful jet of water until it’s clean and shiny. This exercise has the added bonus of bringing relief from worry, because you’ve switched to another way of seeing the issue.
4. ADD FEELINGS
A strong ingredient in your magic spell is to add feelings to the mix. Emotions are one of the most direct ways to get through to deeper levels of the psyche.
As you focus on your images and repeat your affirmations, feel the joy of what you’re manifesting. Feelings work like a magnet, drawing things of similar vibration into our lives.
As a final touch, get something physical to represent your wish or affirmation. It can be very simple. For example, a woman in the Philippines who was homeless after an earthquake, supplemented her affirmations and visualisations with a little square of wood.
She held it in both hands every day, saying ‘this is the start of my nice new home’. It worked so well, that before too long she had more than one house, and was able to live off the rentals.
You’re welcome to join my Mailing Circle for newsletter updates.