Everyone goes through spells of feeling down, blocked or depressed. For those times when only a quick and effective answer will do, here are five good ways to turn your life around.
The first two are the most powerful. Just doing those will work, even if you don’t bother with the other three. However, if you do add in the other ways, your turn-around will move ahead quicker, easier – and best of all, more enjoyably.
- DECIDE THAT YOU WANT YOUR LIFE TO BE BETTER. Clear and heartfelt decisions that we make about our lives and ourselves are amazingly powerful. You can build on that by also putting it out to the universe. Say, ‘Spirit please show me the way to a better life’. If you send that out with feeling, just once is enough. However, it’s also fine to repeat it whenever you wish. After that, follow your feelings. If, for some unknown reason, you want to read a certain magazine / use a new café / phone or e-mail someone – whatever it may be – any of these things may give you a signpost to your next step, or a little gold nugget of information. Over time, these little things add up to a lot.
- TAKE ACTION. Once you’ve decided how you want your life to unfold, every day do one action towards it. These actions can begin in small, token or symbolic ways. They work because when you move your dream into the physical arena of action it sends a strong signal to the universe. You may be surprised one day when some little token thing you do leads to something unexpectedly positive.
- COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS – from the biggest to the tiniest. Start making a list of them. You’ll be surprised how the list grows once you start it.
- NOTICE THE NICE LITTLE THINGS. Eckhart Tolle says that a happy life is just a string of happy moments. You can build up those moments by noticing little things that you like in your day-to-day life. A pretty flower, a funny joke, the call of a bird – there is always something to appreciate.
- SPEND A FEW MOMENTS VISUALISING yourself moving from a path you don’t like, onto a much better path. The best times to do this are first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
These five steps will turn your attention from what’s wrong in your life, placing your focus on positive solutions instead. Doing that will transform your vibration and whole attitude to life. In turn, that will automatically change what you attract to yourself. I know from personal experience that these methods really do work.
Allow it time to develop – a major turn-around can’t happen instantly. However, even at the earliest stages, you’ll start to feel the difference. You can trust this process. It’s real, it’s good – and most of all, it’s on your side.